Shooting warnings > Index > Human Targets > Reloads > Train Yourself > Rapid Fire > Other Drills
* Safety first! Firearms are very dangerous. Only use a pistol or other firearm if you are an experienced shooter or have a very experienced shooter directly supervising you.
* A pistol can inflict serious injury or even death. Be sure to always point the pistol in a safe direction and never point it at something you do not intend to shoot.
* Be sure to know what is down range. Bullets can travel for miles or can bounce and ricochet into unintended directions.
* Pistols are rarely the best weapon of choice for combat situations. Rifles and shotguns do much more damage than pistols. Pistols are best for targets at 0-10 yards, shotguns are best for targets at 2-50 yards, and rifles are best for targets at 4-1000 yards.
* Any firearm should only be shot in a safe and legal location. Be aware of state and local laws on use and transportation of a firearm and follow them carefully. Laws change drastically between states and can change between counties or even cities.
* All practicing should be done at the shooting range obeying all safety rules, or in a legal and private location with an unloaded gun (or you can replace the rounds with snap-caps).